To achieve our excellence in the quality of service we offer our customers, we depend on the well-being of our employees. Employee Benefits at BionX™ reflect progressive philosophies that recognize the importance of each individual. Our extensive benefits program is designed to meet your personal and family health, as well as financial security needs. Our Head of Human Resources will be pleased to answer any questions regarding the benefits program.
MEDICAL – VISION – DENTAL – REIMBURSEMENT ACCOUNTS – LIFE – DISABILITY
At BionX, we’re committed to our strategy of offering comprehensive benefits, competitive pay, professional development, and a positive work environment. Our comprehensive benefits program, is designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce. Eligibility: Full-time employees (30 hours per week) and eligible dependents can participate on the first day of employment.
Choosing a medical plan for yourself and your family is a personal decision based the highest standards. That’s why we use Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MA. This plan offers comprehensive health care services with varying levels of benefits. Our plan provides a prescription drug benefits and promotes wellness as part of their benefits. The Medical plan includes:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MA (PPO) The PPO plan allows you to receive care from in-network or out-of-network providers. To receive the highest level of benefits you must obtain services through network providers. If you receive out-of-network care, you’ll receive a lower level of benefits and you’ll share more of the costs through deductibles and co-insurance. The PPO does not require that you select or have your care coordinated through a primary care physician (PCP). Most in-network hospital and diagnostic services are covered in full and physician visits are covered after a $15 co-payment.
- Prescription Drugs When you enroll in a medical plan, you will automatically receive prescription drug benefits. All medical plans offer the same prescription drug benefits through most of the major pharmacies – CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, and Wal-Mart. You can purchase a 30-day supply for generic, preferred brand name drugs or non-preferred brand name drugs at varying co-payment amounts. The prescription drug benefit also offers a mail-order program for a 90-day supply of maintenance drugs at only twice the cost of a 30-day supply. Our provider is Express Scripts.
- Vision Care This is an optional program. Vision care is provided through the Vision Service Plan (VSP) – a national network of vision care providers. Vision Care provides one routine eye examination every 12 months by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist and discounts on lenses and frames. Although you may visit any vision doctor, your benefits may be greater if you select an in-network provider.
BionX offers dental insurance through Delta Dental of MA. From participating dentists, you will receive 100% coverage for preventative services, including one routine cleaning and oral examination every 6 months. Basic services, such as fillings, root canals, and extractions are covered at 80%. Major services, such as bridges, crowns, and dentures are covered at 60%. The annual deductible is $25 for individual coverage and $75 for family coverage. The annual deductible does not apply to routine cleanings and examinations. The Premier Plan provides orthodontia coverage for children up to age 19.
HEALTH REIMBURSEMENT ACCOUNT
HealthEquity is the nation’s oldest and largest dedicated health savings trustee. We help our members build health savings while helping control premium costs. We provide hassle-free health account administration through innovative technology and online tools, seamless end-to-end solutions, and 24/7/365 service excellence. There is no cost to employees for this program. All reasonable and customary charges that providers chart will be sent to Health Equity and they will manage your health care deductible.
BionX is committed to ensuring that your family members are provided with financial security in the event of death. Our Basic Life and AD&D Insurance are considered a core benefit and paid at 100% by the company. Because each of us has different insurance needs – you will also have the choice of purchasing additional life insurance for both you and your family members with the Portable Term Family Life Insurance Program.
- Basic Employee Life and AD&D – As part of FlexConnection’s core plan, you receive Basic employee life and AD&D insurance in the amount of 1 times annual earnings up to $500,000 at no cost to you.
- Employee Portable Family Life and AD&D – You can choose from $20,000 to $500,000 ($250,000 for AD&D) of additional life insurance coverage for yourself in $10,000 increments.
- Spouse Portable Family Life and AD&D – You can choose from $20,000 to $500,000 ($250,000 for AD&D) of additional life insurance coverage for spouse in $10,000 increments.
- Child(ren) Portable Family Life – $10,000 of coverage for each child up to age 19 (or 25 if full-time student).
Our disability plans offer income replacement to provide financial protection for you and your family if you can’t work over a temporary period of time because of illness, pregnancy, or injury. BionX provides basic Long-Term Disability coverage at no cost to you.
Long-Term Disability Plans
After 26 weeks of disability, the basic plan pays a benefit equal to 60% of your average monthly salary. The monthly benefit maximum is $10,000. The benefit is payable up to the duration of your disability to your normal Social Security retirement age. BionX pays the full cost of the basic plan.
Regardless of your age, you’ve probably developed some long-term financial goals. 401(k) contributions allow you to plan for your financial security and build your savings for retirement. Here are some key features of our 401(k) plan:
- You can contribute from 1 to 15 percent of your eligible compensation on a pre-tax basis up to the IRS maximum of $18,000 for the calendar year.
- BionX will make a discretionary contribution based on our profitability.
PAID TIME OFF – LIFESTYLE/WELLNESS – FITNESS CENTER
BionX wants to help you meet the demands you face on the job and that life brings your way. We offer benefits to help you enjoy and manage responsibilities at work and at home. We can help you stay healthy, have fun, plan for your future, take a break, and get help if you need it. BionX makes it possible through our paid time off and work/life programs.
PAID TIME OFF
BionX recognizes that time away from work can provide valuable psychological and physical benefits. An earned time off program provides employees with flexibility to schedule and manage personal time off needs. After one month of employment, salary continuation is provided for vacations, holidays, personal and sick time based on length of service – 15 vacation days and 5 personal days to start the first year with 10 paid holidays.
HEALTHY LIFESTYLE/WELLNESS PROGRAM
A healthy lifestyle and wellness program created exclusively for our employees features many on-site workshops and seminars on topics such as smoking cessation, weight loss, nutrition, healthy pregnancy, as well as balancing work and family life. A full calendar of events is planned.
At our Bedford location, you can enjoy on-site fitness and exercise facilities. There is no fee for this program.
DIRECT DEPOSIT – WALKING TRAILS – CELL PHONE DISCOUNTS – MORE!
We know that extras can make a big difference in your job satisfaction. At BionX, we regularly recognize our performance and special times together. After all, it’s all about the team. We provide reward and recognition programs along with annual performance feedback. We celebrate milestones, service and other important times and we meet monthly at a Town Meeting to talk about our business. At our headquarters in Bedford, MA, employees enjoy
|· Cell Phone Discount|
· Direct Deposit Program
· Non-Smoking Environment
· On-Site Cafeteria
· Monthly Pot Luck Lunch
|· Walking Trail|
· Shower Facilities
· Outdoor Patio
· Popcorn Wednesdays
· Bagel Fridays
Important Disclaimer: This summary briefly describes various benefit plans, programs and employee services of iWalk, Inc. Some programs have eligibility requirements, which must be met for participation. iWalk, Inc. reserves the right to amend or cancel, at any time, the programs and services described above.